If you have a home with lots of sports players chances are you have lots of sports equipment in your house or garage. Everything from basketballs, baseballs, baseball hats, hockey sticks, hockey skates, goalie pads, and the list goes on.
If you’re looking for a way to organize all of the madness this blog will help:
- Bikes and scooters. Bikes and scooters are both store vertically were not in use. Bike helmets can be hung on hooks right next to the hanging bikes.
- Lockers and cubbies. If you have the room having individual cubbies for each member of the family is the best way to promote organizing. Use wicker and metal baskets to store additional items.
- Consider how many sports you have to account for. Rotate items seasonally. Bikes away in the winter and skates out in the summer. Metal baskets are sturdy and see-through which allows for easy access to balls and other small items.
- Balls. Both large and small balls can be stored nicely. Baskets for different size balls will help clean things up. Have a pump and the right needle to blow them up in the same storage area. You can have smaller containers for tennis, baseball and softballs.
- Hockey and football equipment need to be aired out because it has layers of padding. This equipment is best stored hanging them on hooks.
- Golf clubs are an expensive investment keep them safe inside of cubbies. Secure them with bungee cords if necessary.
Organizing sports equipment can be a fun and fulfilling weekend DIY project for the entire family!