A lot of people don’t realize how easy it can be to use less energy in the home. With just a few simple adjustments you can save a lot of money. Here are a few simple ways this can be done:
- Instead of using an air conditioner, which uses a lot of energy, try installing a ceiling fan.
- Maintain and replace filters in air conditioners and heaters
- Turn down your thermostat at night or when you are not at home
- Draw curtains over windows as this will insulate the room more efficiently
- Switch your incandescent lights to more energy efficient lighting such as compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or light enhancing diodes (LEDs)
- Conserve water in your home by installing efficient toilets and showerheads
- Did you know that chargers, such as for cell phones, iPads and laptops etc. use energy if they’re plugged in? When not in use unplug them
These are just a few of the many things that can make your home more energy efficient, however for a more detailed assessment of the energy reducing potential in your home, please contact us here at Square One Inspections, we will be happy to help.